Our Vision and MissionThe Division of Educational Technology and Innovative Technology Consulting will lead and inspire the University of Tennessee's communities to effectively and creatively enhance the process and practice of teaching, learning, and research. Our mission is to advance exemplary teaching and enrich the experience of students by providing UT's learning communities the support and resources to integrate technology with educational excellence.
Enhance the student learning experience through faculty development
- Promote awareness of diverse learner needs
- Assess student outcomes
Support faculty interests
- Advocate the effective use of IT
- Provide instructional and technological expertise
- Uphold academic freedom and intellectual property rights
- Ensure recognition and reward for faculty using IT
Deliver quality services to UT communities
- Solicit and provide feedback
- Respond in an efficient and effective manner
- Initiate, assess, and revise services
- Support diversity
Promote holistic vision of teaching and learning
- Leverage existing technology to enhance pedagogy and productivity
- Identify and explore emerging technologies and innovative teaching practices
- Demonstrate application of technology through effective teaching practices
Foster a collaborative environment that supports creativity and innovation
- Facilitate open and constructive communication
- Ensure individual and group success through mutual commitment
- Support personal and professional development
- Use team skills and talents efficiently
Remain flexible in a changing environment
- Anticipate change and act on opportunities
- Promote and nurture entrepreneurship
We hope you will find multiple ways to interact
with the ITC and invite you
- Join our listserv.
- Contact the Helpdesk with your questions.
- Participate in Introduction to Online@UT (CMS 110) to access your Online@UT (Blackboard) course accounts.
- Request assistance for our free production services or schedule a consultation with one of our staff through the online request form.
We look forward to working with you!